- All Church Camp Out
- Join your church family for a relaxing and fun filled weekend at Lake Francis Resort. Singles, couples, families, young and old come together and enjoy a pool, various sports, lake fishing, hiking, BBQ’s, outdoor worship and plenty of time to connect with friends.
(March and September)
- Baptism is an outward expression of the inward reality that you have placed your faith in Jesus Christ for salvation. We generally practice baptism by immersion. The act of going under, then rising out of the water, symbolizes death to your old, self-centered life and rebirth into the new life God gives through His Son.
Baptism services at River City Christian are unlike any you’ve ever seen! We invite your family and friends to gather around the baptismal as you are baptized. When you rise from the water, our whole church family celebrates with music and applause.
We hold baptism services twice a year, once in February or March and once in September or October. Children in grades 1-5 are required to attend a three week class prior to baptism. Middle school and high school students are required to attend a one hour class.
- Child Dedications
(January and June)
- At River City Christian we practice child dedication. Believing that every child is a gift from our loving Heavenly Father, we bring our children to Him in a public act of worship.
During a child dedication ceremony, parents pledge to raise their children in a way that will encourage them to open their hearts to Jesus when they are at an age that they can make that decision for themselves. At the same time, the congregation pledges to love, teach and encourage the children while offering support to the parents as they raise their children “in the training and instruction of the Lord” Ephesians 6:4).
Child dedications take place in January and December each year.
- Christmas Mall
- One of the highlights of our year at River City Christian is the Christmas Mall. Hundreds of people in need in our community are selected by local service organizations to attend the mall the first weekend of December. Several stores are set up in rooms on our church campus featuring new items that have been donated by church members. Each guest is given a voucher to purchase multiple items to give as gifts to family members. After guests have completed their shopping they may take advantage of our free gift wrapping service. Other activities during the Christmas Mall include a full holiday meal with live entertainment, a full service salon and spa (haircuts, styling, nail painting and chair massages), children’s Candyland (crafts, bounce houses, entertainment), youth café, prayer counseling (with free Bibles), and photo booth with Santa.
- Fall Kick Off and BBQ
- Something special is planned every year as the kids go back to school and people return from summer vacations. Our Fall Kick Off features a “State of the Church” address by Pastor Jesse in which he shares vision about the next ministry year. Following the worship services everyone gathers to share in a delicious BBQ meal and fun activities for the whole family.
- Golf Tournament
- River City Christian believes in serving those in need in our community. Our annual Golf Tournament, held each fall, is a fundraiser supporting our annual Christmas Mall event and other outreach efforts of our church.
- Harvest Carnival
- River City Christian knows how to throw a party! Our annual Harvest Carnival has a reputation of being an incredible event for the whole family. Thousands from our community come to enjoy bounce houses, age-appropriate carnival games, local food trucks and other special attractions. And of course kids get lots of candy as they work through an amazing “trunk or treat.” We encourage you to not only attend, but invite your neighbors and friends to this safe and fun community event.
- Haven Banquet
(February or March)
- Be a part of this new but growing tradition at River City Christian as we support families through three of our unique ministries: Chosen Ones (orphan care), On Eagles Wings (special needs) and Bridges (refugee assistance). This business casual gala and auction is a delightful evening featuring a delicious catered meal, opportunities to bid on gift baskets or vacations or specialty gifts, live entertainment and testimonies of those helped by the highlighted ministries. The evening culminates in a live dessert auction that you won’t want to miss.
- Men’s Conference
- Each fall the Men’s Ministries of our church host an amazing men’s conference for guys high school through senior adult. There’s nothing like hundreds of men coming together to raise their voices in worship, be challenged by a powerful speaker, receive encouragement in small groups and enjoy the adventurous (and not so adventurous) activities at Alliance Redwoods Conference Grounds.
(March or April)
- This global outreach trip is for high school students, college students and adults and is scheduled the week before Easter every year.. We partner with a variety of local churches and ministries in Mexicali to provide children’s programs, youth activities, community service projects and much more.
- New Member Class
(February and September)
- Membership at River City Christian represents commitment—commitment to Christ, to other members, to spiritual growth, to service and to accountability.
River City Christian is a mission station with a commitment to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with every person everywhere and to grow and equip believers into fully devoted followers of Christ. In joining this church, you embrace this commitment and become an intentional member of a loving Christian family.
The New Member Class consists of two parts: a four hour class taught by Pastor Emeritus Ted Smith with other ministry leaders and a shorter small group gathering during which each candidate gives a brief testimony of how he or she came to faith in Christ. Both parts take place on Sunday afternoons and begin with a free lunch in the Chapel.
Our next class will be Sunday, September 20, 12:45-4:00 p.m. and Sunday, October 4, 12:45-2:30 p.m. You must attend both sessions in order to complete the membership process.
Childcare is provided for children six weeks through grade 5.
- SHAPE Class
(Various times throughout the year)
- The SHAPE Class is offered several times a year and will assist you in discovering how God has uniquely created you to be a positive influence in the world around you. Our goal in this class is to help you better understand yourself and to connect you with specific opportunities for ministry within the life of our church and in your “other places.”
SHAPE stands for
- Summer Blast
- Summer Blast will be the best week of your kids’ summer! Hundreds of kids age 5 through grade 5 have an incredible experience with Bible stories, rockin’ music, messy art, water fun, bounce houses and more.
- Women’s Retreat
- The women’s ministries of our church host an amazing women’s retreat every spring at Mission Springs Conference Center in the beautiful Santa Cruz Mountains. Hundreds of women, high school through senior adult come together for a weekend of inspiring worship, quality biblical teaching from a nationally-known speaker, fun recreational options and a lots of special pampering.