Policiesignite Dance Academy
COVID Policy – effective July 31, 2021
Effective July 31, 2021, everyone must wear a face covering over the nose and mouth while indoors to participate. Those with a medical condition must be pre-approved to not wear a covering before arriving on campus the first time.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at check in.
- Please do not to share belongings, beverages or snacks.
- Food is to be consumed outside of the dance rooms. Only water is permitted.
- Only two people allowed in the restroom at a time.
- Please wait to go in to a classroom until the previous class is dismissed and the teacher is ready.
- Sick policy – Notify studio of a positive COVID test as soon as possible, then quarantine for 10 days or according to the current CDC guidelines. For all illnesses do not return to the studio within 48 hours of any fever, diarrhea or vomiting.
- Barres and shared surfaces will be sanitized between classes with soap and water and overnight with a disinfectant.
1. Students must be the minimum age within the first four weeks of the session and potty trained by the first date of class.
2. All Level I and younger classes must have at least three students enrolled one week before a session starts, or they will be cancelled at that time. These classes will be capped at 10-12 students and another class will be added or a waiting list will be created.
3. You may come and try a class for free, then submit payment, but a liability form must be completed before you take class.
1. Parents and siblings are asked to observe their child’s class during the first week of the month ONLY. Having parents there, especially with siblings who may be a little active, can easily distract the students, making it harder for the teacher to teach. Parents are asked to bring quiet activities for siblings and to keep the noise level down (especially in hallways), in order to respect other classes and ministries.
2. There is no gum allowed in class.
3. Ignite Dance Academy reserves the right to change classes at any time without notice.
4. After three weeks of absenteeism, a student will automatically be dropped from the class and their spot given away, unless prior notification was given to the Studio Administrator. Additionally, if prior notice was not received, the parent/dancer will still be responsible for paying tuition that month. Out of fairness for those on the waiting list, if a dancer takes a month off, tuition must be paid for that missed month in order to hold their spot in the class.
5. No videotaping or pictures are allowed unless permission has first been obtained from the instructor. If you are taking pictures or video of dancers other than your own child, permission must also be obtained from that child’s parent.
6. Parents/guardians must drop off and pick up their child from the classroom and must present the parent pick up tag or a picture of it to pick up their child. Students Level I and younger will not be released from the room without a parent being present unless another arrangement has been made with the instructor. Children in this age group will not be permitted to go to the restroom without a teacher or teacher’s assistant or parent.
7. All students must check in at the Registration Desk before class EVERY week.
8. Students not adhering to the dress code may be asked not to take class until they are properly attired.
9. Dancers must adhere to the pre-requisites listed on the Registration Form.
1. In order to participate in the Spring Recital (first Saturday and Sunday in June), you must start class no later than the first week of March of that calendar year and have good attendance.
2. In order to participate in the Christmas Show (most rehearsals are outside of class time), dancers must be actively enrolled in at least one
class during the Fall Session and pay the $25 participation fee.
3. Recital costumes will be ordered during the Spring Session. A costume guide with prices will be given out to parents and students in March and payment will be due the first week of May. Costumes will be $50 each. A $20 non-refundable deposit (per costume) must be submitted by February 1 in order for your/your child’s costume to be ordered.
4. If a class is dropped after February 15, the dancer/parent will still be responsible for the cost of the recital costume