Policiesignite Dance Academy
1. Students must be the minimum age within the first four weeks of the session and potty trained by the first date of class.
2. All Level I and younger classes must have at least four students enrolled one week before a session starts otherwise they will be cancelled at that time. These classes will be capped at 10-12 students and another class will be added or a waiting list will be created.
3. You may come and try a class for free, then submit payment, but a liability form must be completed before you take class.
1. Parents and siblings are asked to observe their child’s class during the first week of the month ONLY. Having parents there, especially with siblings who may be a little active, can easily distract the students, making it harder for the teacher to teach. Parents are asked to bring quiet activities for siblings and to keep the noise level down (especially in hallways), in order to respect other classes and ministries.
2. There is no gum allowed in class.
3. Ignite Dance Academy reserves the right to change classes at any time without notice.
4. After three weeks of absenteeism, a student will automatically be dropped from the class and their spot given away, unless prior notification was given to the Studio Administrator. Additionally, if prior notice was not received, the parent/dancer will still be responsible for paying tuition that month. Out of fairness for those on the waiting list, if a dancer takes a month off, tuition must be paid for that missed month in order to hold their spot in the class.
5. No videotaping or pictures are allowed unless permission has first been obtained from the instructor. If you are taking pictures or video of dancers other than your own child, permission must also be obtained from that child’s parent.
6. Parents/guardians must drop off and pick up their child from the classroom. Students Level I and younger will not be released from the room without a parent being present unless another arrangement has been made with the instructor. Children in this age group will not be permitted to go to the restroom without a teacher or teacher’s assistant or parent.
7. All students must check in at the Registration Table in the main lobby before class EVERY week.
8. Students not adhering to the dress code may be asked not to take class until they are properly attired.
9. Dancers must adhere to the pre-requisites listed on the Registration Form.
1. In order to participate in the Spring Recital (first Saturday and Sunday in June), you must start class no later than the first week of March of that calendar year and have good attendance.
2. In order to participate in the Christmas Show (rehearsals are outside of class time), dancers must be actively enrolled in at least one
class during the Fall Session and pay the $25 participation fee.
3. Recital costumes will be ordered during the Spring Session. A costume guide with prices will be given out to parents and students in March and payment will be due the first week of May. Costumes will be $40-$50 each. A $20 non-refundable deposit (per costume) must be submitted by February 1 in order for your/your child’s costume to be ordered.
4. If a class is dropped after February 15, the dancer/parent will still be responsible for the cost of the recital costume
Tuition + Fees
1. Tuition is $40 a month. One $5 discount per family/individual can be applied if:
- You are a River City Christian attendee (defined as those who attend at least two Sundays a month).
- The same individual takes more than 4 classes per week.
- Sibling discount (first child is $40, subsequent children are $35).
2. Zumba is $5 per class or $20 for a 10-class punch card, which will expire 90 after purchase.
3. Two hour classes are $80 a month. Pointe I (30 minutes) is $20 per month. Hour and a half classes are $60 per month.
4. Payment is due by the fifth of each month. Please turn payment in at the Registration Table in the lobby. Tuition may also be paid online at rivercitychristian.org/dance
5. June tuition will be $10 per class to cover costs associated with recital week.
6. No refunds or credit will be given for missed classes. Pro-rating of tuition is for late admission into a class, not to adjust for classes missed. Tuition pays not just for teaching time, but for equipment that keep the studio open.
7. Limited make up classes are available for absences due to illness or extenuating circumstances. Please arrange these with your instructor.
8. The drop in rate is $10 per hour class (not including free trial class)